26 July 2013

AIF Activation Error

After installing AX 2012 CU6 on an environment I got the following error after trying to reactivate the AIF inbound ports:

Faulted: System.OperationCanceledException: AIF service group not activated.  Service group: AifGDS.  Error: There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:8201.  Make sure that you are not trying to use this endpoint multiple times in your application and that there are no other applications listening on this endpoint. ---> System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:8201.  Make sure that you are not trying to use this endpoint multiple times in your application and that there are no other applications listening on this endpoint. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

I was confused about the wrong WSDL Port in the error cause the port of the AOS where I was working on was 8103. After some research in the WorldWideWeb I found a solution that solved this issue for me:


  1. navigate to server bin folder:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\DAX2012\bin
  2. open Ax32Serv.exe.config file in an editor
  3. replace 8101 with your WSDL Port
  4. replace 8201 with your servicePort




2 comments:

Roderic said...

I am having the same issue. How can I resolve this issue? Could you send me the complete link. I need to understand why I am making this change.

Roderic said...

Could you provide me with a little more information about this issue. I am having the same problem currently. Please send me the link. Any help would be great